Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated it will not go onto scat stroker crank from probably 20 years ago. Fresh rebuild but no good if I can't get in on all the way. I used grease and a balancer installer to no avail. I sanded a bit with emery paper but gave up on that idea. There is a rift within the balancer from attempted installs. It measures at 1.485 with my calipers. The crank at 1.490. I'm considering using a flapper wheel. I pinned the flywheel but the force required is far more than I'm comfortable with.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you suggest?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, it can't. I thought it was caused by my attempts to install it.

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
1,372 Posts
Had to have my Romac balancer on my last build honed for the proper interference fit. Heated the balancer up in boiling water and still wouldn’t fit on. The upside is that you know the interference fit is correct once machine and will not be loose.

·
Registered
'87 20th Anniversary Cougar7.0 427W
5,426 Posts
At least you can hone it to fit. I had one that was so loose it wobbled :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
537 Posts
I knew a buddy of mine that had a balancer on a 307 Chevy that kept wobbling off... He welded it on, then sold the truck... I also remember talking to the dude that bought the truck who cussed prior owner for that when he went to put a timing cover seal on it... Moral is... Don't mess up a balancer... It can really eff up everything....

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used another SFI balancer I forgot I had

1 - 14 of 14 Posts