Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "service engine soon" light came on on my dash, what does this mean? I am sure it is different than the check engine light. I don't have a manual so I am not sure. I thought is was for oil change intervals and that it can be reset. If so, how do you do it? It just got an oil change so it doesn't need another. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
It has nothing to do with oil changes. It is telling you that your cars computer has thrown a trouble code. YOu can take it to a place like autozone and they will pull the codes for you. Then you can find out what that code is and it should lead you to the problem. Someone else who knows more will chime in.

·
Registered
891 Posts
yeah dont think the reset is going to fix the issue, do exactly what sapperstang78 suggested and have someone pull the codes for you ... like autozone and go from there .. other than that you have to disconnect the connection to your battery to do the reset ..

·
Registered
642 Posts
SES lamp and check engine lamp are the same thing. If your car is under warranty, take it to the dealer and have them pull the codes and fix the issue. If your car isn't under warranty, find an autozone and get the codes scanned, post the code NUMBERS here, and we'll help you fix the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts