Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buyer for my 84 GT and we had negotiated a price but midstream he has started to demand that work be done on the car before he picks it up. Namely that the air conditioning be recharged and fully functional. When we did the engine rebuild we had to recover the R12 and it has been vacant for a year.

Is there an easy way to recharge this or will I have to have it upgraded to R134? Should I really do this as he was aware that the AC was down when we negotiated the price?

·
Registered
603 Posts
You need to tell him that he was aware the A/C was inoperable when you started negotiations and that the car is AS/IS No Warranty implied. He can have the A/C converted over to 134a when he gets it home.

Sell it to someone else if he is getting that demanging. The car is 20 years old and unless you told him it was MINT and everything works including the A/C then how can anyone demand you to have something fixed before they buy it. There are a lot of buyers out there for 84 GT's I'm sure.

Good luck.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Throw in the R134 like it was R12. I have done this to my 91 and it still works and NOTHING is broke or burned up. I did this also to a 91s10 pickup with 260k on it and she blew ice cold for about a month before the freon leaked out. Or you can do what JK reply. If the guy don't like it tough. I am sure you can find a buyer out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts