Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Formerly LSNotch
823 Posts
If you're asking.. I'm a BIG fan of Menscer shocks.. but I do have the privilege of knowing him personally. He's insanely smart, and has some extremely quick guys running his stuff. Now, again, to beat the drum, the big thing is "it depends". I mean, people have been pretty quick with the old lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's. Of the companies you listed, call each and ask them to suggest a shock/strut package.

But in reality.. just run what you have for now.. no use in changing until you feel they're not working for you.
Appreciate your opinion and suggestion. I think I’ll do just that, and run the current shock and see what happens. I am going to retake the measurements once I install the front coil overs and can raise the front some. The UCAs relocation is still in the plans but we’ll see.

·
Formerly LSNotch
823 Posts
My M/T 28x10.5 stiff (3055s) with tubes,marked 87.75 or 27.93.
On the street, with tach and GPS show about 2.2 % growth (28.55) at 135.
Very stable at speed and letting off.
Less than an inch growth... not bad. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah, the forums being dead makes me sad - top that off with the Photobucket fiasco and all my old builds and how to's I put countless hours into on multiple forums are all dead, I seriously had builds going back to 1999 but refuse to pay for Photobucket for what they gave me for free. Oh well, I do far less now anyway and will be starting up a youtube channel shortly - have a lot of content but haven't started figuring out the editing part yet. I'm on here all the time for research and rarely post.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, the forums being dead makes me sad - top that off with the Photobucket fiasco and all my old builds and how to's I put countless hours into on multiple forums are all dead, I seriously had builds going back to 1999 but refuse to pay for Photobucket for what they gave me for free. Oh well, I do far less now anyway and will be starting up a youtube channel shortly - have a lot of content but haven't started figuring out the editing part yet. I'm on here all the time for research and rarely post.
Research on here? For what in particular?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Research on here? For what in particular?
What not - I search like crazy, if you see I have been a member since a few months before you back in 02, and this was my 2nd account but 2500 less post than you! Last night I was researching the different ways to center the rear axle, have had ALOT of stangs over the years but this is the first one I had adjustable upper control arms on, so my rear diff is off a 1/2 inch to drivers side. I know how to do it in theory, but had not actually applied it till last night. Now my axle is centered, however it's not perfectly centered in the wheel wells, research showed me why!

Other examples are - race dash, want pics and ideas of diretion for my dash setup, decided want sheet metal or aluminum setup, but not crap thrown together. So I will do it modular, center section is going to be a big V down to the floor, and using tube to surround the V and tie it into the shifter etc. Researching for pics and ideas, I'm an engineer by trade so I know I can reinvent the wheel, and make it pretty damn good, however extremely limited on the time I have to do stuff, so I research before I do the work as to maximize my time fabbing:)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What not - I search like crazy, if you see I have been a member since a few months before you back in 02, and this was my 2nd account but 2500 less post than you! Last night I was researching the different ways to center the rear axle, have had ALOT of stangs over the years but this is the first one I had adjustable upper control arms on, so my rear diff is off a 1/2 inch to drivers side. I know how to do it in theory, but had not actually applied it till last night. Now my axle is centered, however it's not perfectly centered in the wheel wells, research showed me why!

Other examples are - race dash, want pics and ideas of diretion for my dash setup, decided want sheet metal or aluminum setup, but not crap thrown together. So I will do it modular, center section is going to be a big V down to the floor, and using tube to surround the V and tie it into the shifter etc. Researching for pics and ideas, I'm an engineer by trade so I know I can reinvent the wheel, and make it pretty damn good, however extremely limited on the time I have to do stuff, so I research before I do the work as to maximize my time fabbing:)
That's fair.. most of my posts came from documenting a build on here many moons ago.

Is there a reason other than you just want to that you're doing a sheet metal or alum dash? There's a good number of options for fiberglass or carbon dashes that can dzus in and out quite easily. OR if rules aren't a consideration.. no dash.... I haven't a clue to the ET you're building to, but depending just mounting gauges to the cage would work, and require zero reinventing.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's fair.. most of my posts came from documenting a build on here many moons ago.

Is there a reason other than you just want to that you're doing a sheet metal or alum dash? There's a good number of options for fiberglass or carbon dashes that can dzus in and out quite easily. OR if rules aren't a consideration.. no dash.... I haven't a clue to the ET you're building to, but depending just mounting gauges to the cage would work, and require zero reinventing.
Yeah I'm going to just build out the dash mainly for practice and experience welding thin metals, center section will be done first for the purpose of mounting gauges and quick-car ignition panel as will slowly but surely pull all of the harness out and get rid of all wires that are unnecessary while keeping the car running, so ignition, start, fuel pump, water pump, fans are all going on the panel, then water, oil, fuel, and a/f gauge are getting mounted in the center. Tac and speedo will go right in front of me and going to go with a gps speedo in the not to distant future.

For now not worried about classes to run in - goal is 9.99 eventually on spray. when the stock bock 347 lets go, will go high dollar build and probably chase class regulations at that point in time but I come from a "king of the hill" and autocross background - did IRS swaps in 2 of my previous stangs - so this dedicated 1/4 car is a bit different for me, and I find myself worrying about Safety items far more than most 1/4 guys do in my experience. I currently have an 8 point cage in the car, but will be going with a 10 point and dash bar before I build out the rest of the dash, no hurries on that, just want to get to the track this year and while we have this good air down here in Florida!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts