Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do you have to shut the car off to switch the tune? Or can I just flip it to rock and roll for a N2O tune while driving and squeeze the juice?

I have a SCT Xcal but just put a 125 shot in and have been looking into these. Sorry for my ignorance on the subject.

Josh

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on who is doing the tune, most of the time it can be setup to do it while driving. Which is what makes it a way better setup for a nitrous car.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bama advertises them that way, but their tunes are questionable (I wouldnt waste my time). I would take it to a real shop in person and have it tuned.

·
Registered
549 Posts
thats true but i have no tuner close all i have is heads cam intake bigger injectores pump and mass air just kinda wanna tie them all tg a lil more id probably buy this if i knew 100 percent they can tune it for me for free

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can 100% tell you they cant tune it for free. It didnt come from Bama, and most of them do not. If you want free generic tunes for life, you need to buy a new one FROM Bama and nobody else. You get what you pay for.

This is hardware you need when having a shop use SCT software tune your vehicle, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I can 100% tell you they cant tune it for free. It didnt come from Bama, and most of them do not. If you want free generic tunes for life, you need to buy a new one FROM Bama and nobody else. You get what you pay for.

This is hardware you need when having a shop use SCT software tune your vehicle, nothing more, nothing less.
dont waste your time with this guy, he asked the same exact questions in my thread and got the same exact answers. Just a tire kicker.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont understand why people think every SCT chip is "free tunes for life". Also, people should know any place churning out generic tunes via email like that isnt exactly "top shelf".

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
My tuner is asking for a part number, if you would. Very interested.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Weird, as there have realistically only been two designs of SCT chips, the red single bank, and these, with these being the most common.

The part number is EZC15DRAN-S1029

1 - 20 of 21 Posts