Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to hear some input from those of you who are using, or have used, these coil packs. I've got a set on now. I went for a first round of "final tuning" on my recently re-built and supercharged DOHC. On the dyno, everything drops off at around 6,000 rpm and on the road, under load, it drops off at around 5,200 rpms. We figure that I'm blowing the spark out. I was wondering if anyone had any bad experiences w/ the Screamin Demon coil packs and if I'd be better off to use my stock coil packs w/ the supercharged setup?? I'm not saying that we think these are a problem....I was just going through all the possiblities. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have had them for over a year now with no problems. Do you have an aftermarket ignition? If not, the symtoms that you are experiencing are very normal. With a stock ignition I was blowing out spark with only 8lb's of boost. Since you just put in a built motor you are probably running more like 12-14 lb's. I have had both a Jacobs and a MSD ignition and I would strongly recommend staying away from the Jacobs. Mine only lasted 4 months before it broke!

Good Luck,
Chris

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy Haywood, at True Blue Performance, is tuning it. He/we decided to start w/ the MSD DIS4 and see what happens. All this is happening w/ 9lbs of boost at 5,000 or so rpms. ProCharger is sending the "correct" blower pulley so that I'll see the proper 12lbs of boost. One question...can I use the Denso's w/ the MSD?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts