Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what happened to my post. . The wingless car looked great. Looked as if that was the way it was designed to be built and sold. It was less obvious it was wingless than my car. MHO

·
Registered
89 Posts
You most likley know this

I was under the impression that for the 03 Cobra it was a option not to have the wing? Not 100% though.

·
Corral Charter Member
2,594 Posts
It's a delete-option. The spoiler is the one design cue on the 03 Cobra that I do not like at all. I've learned to tolerate it, but it would look soooooooooo much better with something different. The Ford piece looks tacked on like an afterthought.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So would it have cost more not to have it?

I do agree it took a little getting used to , but now i can honestly say i like it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Last summer at the Myrtle Beach, I saw one with an S-281 wing and it looked great. The guy said he ordered his without the wing.

William

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw it too @ Myrtle Beach (Black 03 Cobra)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep, I was there in the black 99 cobra with Mustang Power House of Atlanta

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, I am the one who use to be with MPH when I lived in Atlanta. I know I talked to you guys.:D

William Mckay

·
Registered
6 Posts
William,
That black 03 cobra with the saleen wing was mine, It was not the s-281 wing it was the s-381 wing which does not have the light in the spoiler. I will be there again this year, hope to see you guys again. BTW my cobra will be on display with Ford SVT in Charlotte, N.C. in april at the Autofair and at Fun Ford Weekend at Atlanta Speedway. Ford wants to show what can be obtained with just bolt-ons, which I have all but just a few. Car is Awesome.
Look forward to seeing you guys again. Take care and have fun.
Randy:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry for the wrong wing number. Good to hear from you. I hope I can make it to Charlotte. If not, see this summer.:D

William

·
Registered
594 Posts
Molly post some pics for those who havent seen your car with the saleen wing! Thanks Trey

·
Registered
6 Posts
pictures

Won't be able to post some until tonight, at work right now. Good to hear from you guys, will be at the beach for sure this summer.
Randy

·
Registered
10 Posts
wing

I just bought one for mine ..and should be here this week..I think its the same one..has the 2 sections on the quarter pannels and hangs back over the deck

·
Registered
6 Posts
spoiler

Sorry I didn't get to post the pictures last night, apparently when my son cleaned out the computer he deleted the pictures, I'll take some this week and post them. ONEJETI you will be very pleased with the spoiler, the only thing you need to do is when they paint it they need to prep it correctly or you will have waves in the spoiler, make sure they smooth it out, and make sure they put silicon over the bolt connections inside the trunk or you could get some rusting. Good luck and have fun.
Randy

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I am curious to see pics with a s281 spoiler on an 03

1 - 16 of 16 Posts