Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Prostars on my Cobra with Moser 31-spline axles and 3" studs. If I replace the axles with the stockers and stock studs, will the Prostars still fit? Meaning, will the lug nuts reach in far enough to grab a hold of the stock studs? Just wanting to do a sanity check before I make a mistake. Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You are gonna have problems. If you have the extended, open-ended lug nuts Weld sells with these wheels, then they will thread onto the studs on your stock axles, but they won't press down onto the face of the wheel - meaning, they won't hold the wheel in place, and the Prostar will be able to move all over and that would be very bad.

If you TRY and use your stock lugnuts, that won't work either as they won't fit inside the holes of the wheel to grap the studs. If you are gonna run the Prostars, you gotta stick with the 3'' studs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wait, I thought about it more. If you use the open-ended lugs Weld gave you, I THINK they should still be able to thread in as far as they do on a 3'' stud and hold the wheel in place. I don't see how having a longer stud would really make a difference as the flange on the lugnut is a fixed length from the end of it anyway. Although, the lugs won't screw on all the way, that is for sure, which could cause problems with them backing out on you. And it would look kinda weird with these long lugs sticking out way beyond your stock studs. In any case, I would stick with the 3'' studs if you are gonna run the Prostars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Actually I am returning the car to stock. Reason I was asking is I thought that I might have problems, which would mean I would have to have a set of stock wheels before I could swap the rear. Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts