Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEMA SAN - SEMA ACTION NETWORK

The SEMA Action Network (SAN) is urging the United States Congress to support a provision to prevent the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from using designated funds to increase the amount of allowable ethanol content in gasoline to 15% (E15). The SAN contends that this legislation is necessary to protect automotive enthusiasts and consumers from misfueling and other unnecessary harm.

The provision, offered as an amendment to legislation funding the federal government for the remainder of fiscal year 2011, will suspend EPA’s efforts to quickly permit E15 in the marketplace. On behalf of millions of auto enthusiasts across the country, SAN is arguing that more time is needed for the completion of unbiased and independent testing on the impact of E15 on vehicles and engines. The SAN will continue to take proactive steps in Washington, D.C. in support of the hobby to oppose E15 until there are conclusive scientific findings that demonstrate that it will not harm automobiles of any age as a result of corrosion or other chemical incompatibilities.

Please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! This is very important as we all know by now the dangers of E15.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I want to increase the Ethanol Content in my beer.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
i must have missed the memo. what are the dangers exactly?
The only danger is if you are an oil company.

I've run E50 (a mix of E85 and regualr unleaded) in my 2003 Expedition for thousands of miles. It's not an E-85 vehical. You can get to about E55 before you throw a check engine light.

·
Moderator & USAF (Retired)
14,998 Posts
Dangers are, American Farmers get rich, and big oil gets less rich.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Well it frightened me, that's for sure

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
terrible indeed sir.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts