Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Spec 2 clutch put in my 00 GT on Saturday. First I must say this clutch is awesome. Can't get it to slip ever even with the drag radials on. This baby might be a 13 second stock car now.

I was out beating on the new clutch on Sunday morning ( after breaking it in of course), hard launches, powershifting.....just being kinda mean to the tranny and clutch. So now I have the old rattle coming up through the shifter on easy acceleration, seems more noticeable in 1st and 2nd when driving normal. I don't hear it on hard acceleration.

My question is, has anybody found a fix for it yet? I have the stock shifter on the car. I'm just frustrated because I didn't have it before the clutch install, nor right after the clutch install until I started beating on it. Hope the old T45 isn't about to take a dump, it'll be T56 time then. :( One things for sure, I'm going to continue to beat on it until it fails, I'll be sure to let you guys know what it takes.

Trace

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got the same problem. Anyone?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran a search and it seems there are alot of people with this problem. Most of the guys have been running it like this for quite some time with no problems. Also most of them say their tranny's shift fine, just like mine. It's a mystery. I'm going to do some investigating tonight where the shifter ball goes into the rail socket. Maybe I broke it or something, it's just odd that I never had the problem until after beating on the tranny (not that odd I guess :) ). hmmm..........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts