Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving on the highway more often now, I have owned my mustang for about 4 months now. Whenever it snows there is a lot of salt and snow and dirt all over the engine bay and under the hood when I open it. Is there supposed to be a rubber seal at the front (underside) of the hood to stop this stuff from going in? I don't have one and I see that there are holes under the hood that look like something should go in there. This sux because I detailed the engine not long ago and now everything is white from the salt.

thx

·
Registered
58 Posts
i dont have this probblem you have i just wanted to say dont you hate this IL weather it does a number on our cars. You hate to see it sit there with salt on it but you cant wash it cause your doors will freeze. At least from what i hear it will be around 50 where i liv, so i am gonna wash and put a good coat of wax on the stang.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i just washed it yesterday... I keep the car garaged but every time I drive on the slushy streets the car changes color. I usually go to the car wash and take the high pressure water wand and rinse the underside of the car and the wheel wells. You can see the dirt easily on my car because it's black. Maybe I'll wax it today too. I put on two coats in autumn.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dude...this is what winter beaters are for..actually that sucks, i store mine as i can't even think about driving it in the salt.:(

the money you spend on a bomb can be paid by the insurance money you save storing the stang...especially if your younger. actually if you use good wax she weather the winter pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts