Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a gt with a series one saleen blower. I know its a weak blower but with 4psi on a stock gt its making 300hp/350tq

What kind of trap speeds do stockish saleens do?..

i keep seeing these saleens running 13s and 14s with 60 more HP and 70 more ft lbs than my old gt that ran the same times

i was wondering why with my old gt (241/281) i was running 1/4mile times so close to what i see these SC saleens running, i know most of it is driving but i have yet to see a decent trap speed out of one either.

I just dont wanna buy a 2v with a blower that runs the same as one without...lol

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
What year car is it? I don't remember if the Series 1 came on 96-98 GT's.
That blower is a Eaton M-90 thats not really a race blower but a fun street add on. I'm thinking at 9-10psi it would add roughly 100hp over stock setup providing you got a good tune. I've noticed these 2V really need blower specific cams with PD blowers to really wake up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
From what I understand, it's definitely one of the weaker ones out there. I would tend to agree with what was said, that it's not bad for a street setup.

How much are good takeoffs going for nowadays anyway?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any saleen owners here with input?

thanks for the replies so far just wish i could talk to someone that has one

·
Registered
24 Posts
My '97 Saleen did not come with a supercharger, but it now has pretty much the same items this GT has now..I don't know if this info is what you are looking for;

1997 Ford Mustang GT for sale. The vehicle has 83,000 miles on the odometer. It has a Eaton M112 roots supercharger with a 6 psi pulley, 4.10 gears, performance improved cams, chrome cold air intake, 70mm throttle body, BBK H-pipe, and a Magnaflow exhaust system. This car sits on a Bilstein strut and shock suspension with Ford Racing springs and Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates. The all season z rated tires are new with 3,500 miles. The fuel set up has a 255lph fuel pump and 30lb injectors. The car made 270rwhp/312rwtq on a dynojet. It runs high 13’s in the ¼ at just over 100mph on all season street tires.

·
Registered
594 Posts
We did light work on a 2000 S-281 Saleen and had a series II blower. Now it was a vert. We did gears, smaller pulley, CAI, offroad midpipe, and tune and it was then just fast enough to keep up with a BONE stock 2001 Cobra Coupe. From what we where told our next options where either a kenne bell or Series IV blower to make real power. I think with all that it only put down like 314rwhp tq can not remember.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2002 S281...it's fairly stock and slow. I ran a 14.1 with it when I got it with 100k miles on it...changed plugs and belt and generally just tuned it up and ran a 13.8 with a 2.1 60'. It saw 5 pounds of boost with the new belt.

Mods were bbk catted x pipe, magnaflow exhaust, cold air intake and a shifter.

My car is very heavy and I believe the stock gears are something like 3.27. Now it's pullied, has a tune, big fuel pump, and 3.73s are on the way. Havnt been back to the track, but It should run low 13s maybe a high 12 with radials.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Wow, these numbers seem really bad for a blown PI engine

·
Registered
330 Posts
LOL my 2000 mustang gt with x pipe no cats and cold air ran 13.40's. My 2002 Saleen non supercharged runs 13.60's with street tires 18's even.

I have a 2002 S281...it's fairly stock and slow. I ran a 14.1 with it when I got it with 100k miles on it...changed plugs and belt and generally just tuned it up and ran a 13.8 with a 2.1 60'. It saw 5 pounds of boost with the new belt.

Mods were bbk catted x pipe, magnaflow exhaust, cold air intake and a shifter.

My car is very heavy and I believe the stock gears are something like 3.27. Now it's pullied, has a tune, big fuel pump, and 3.73s are on the way. Havnt been back to the track, but It should run low 13s maybe a high 12 with radials.

Hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts