Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got two fox-body Stangs with varying degrees of modifications. Both have a Saleen panhard bar, and they really help stick the rearend.
I just bought a 97 Cobra with less then 19k miles. Since I happen to have another Saleen panhard in the garage, I was wondering if it would fit the Cobra. The numbers on the bar are for a 79-93, but after a reasonably close inspection and some careful measurements, the rear chassis' appear to be the same.
Will this panhard go on the 97 Cobra???
Also, shouldn't most of the aftermarket lower rear control arms for the fox-bodies fit the 97?? Isn't it the same chassis until the 99 Cobras with the IRS?
Thanks
Thom

·
Registered
172 Posts
About all you can do is test fit it, or call Saleen.

I used to have one, called it the "Mad Clunker" it was so noisy. Also, I didn't like the small rod ends, or the fact that if you broke the lower mount, you drug the bar.

I run a Maximum Motorsport bar now, and I know they make Fox and SN95 versions. Not sure the differences though.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
For the arms, they are good for you. It was not until 99 that you see different part numbers. If I remember right, they used a large bolt in the 99+ cars. Like the previous is 12mm, the newer is 14mm (?)

·
Registered
227 Posts
that is the biggest POS ever made.

and if you're still running upper arms. the panhard will bend shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts