Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you tune a 94 mustang cobra with a Vortech S-Trim H.O. kit installed? The rest of the car is pretty much stock. I do have a complete new exhaust with a Saleen equal length shorty headers, Dr. Gas x-pipe with cats and a dynomax cat-back. Any help would be appreciated, I am not really interested in spending a lot of $$$ to get it tuned. But I would like to optimize the mods that I currently have. I did have it dynoed a couple of times, 290rwhp recently and 313rwhp a couple of years ago. I have been searching the forum but have been unable to find anthing that helps with this question.

Thanks!
Shad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BTM? I am using the FMU that came with the Vortech kit, I think it is the 12:1. Last time that I dynoed it, it was running a little lean in the 5800 -6100 rpm range (13.0:1). I did change the fuel filter to see if that was the problem. I will be testing it out on July 13 with a wide-band.

Thanks,
Shad

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Get a powerpipe and get a jmschip. And get it dynoed. What size injectors? If they are large enough, i would get rid of the FMU as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It currently has the stock 24lb injectors in it.

I was just searching to see who makes powerpipes. If I get rid of the FMU, does the chip then handle the AF ratio's. Who sells the jmschip. Sorry for all of the questions. I really have not worked on this car in a while and am just getting back into the swing of things.

Thanks,
Shad

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
You won't be able to ditch the fmu without getting bigger injectors. dallas mustang and anderson motorsports sells powerpipes. It is a MUST on 94-95 cars.
www.jmschip.com sells the chips, they do a great job. If you get the chip and get it dynoed, they will alter your chip for free to finish the tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gobraphil,

Thanks for all of the info. Now all I have to do is figure out how to pay for it!

Shad

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
You'll also need a new clutch, cable, quadrant, mass air meter, new tires, scattershield, etc......... It get's expensive real quickly.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Look at the mods in my sig. All i'm waiting for is my Diablochip to get the correct burn so i can install it and see what kind of numbers i get out of it. I'll be very disappointed if it's less than 400. Somehow i don't think i'll be disappointed. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a long ways off from 400hp. I have been working on this car since 94, maybe in another 10 years I will get there.

Shad

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
I am getting ready for my s trim install. I hope to see 400rwhp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts