Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the tip of 1 blade is gone and 2 other blades have damage.

what the hell can cause this, the car was running like **** so i finally took it apart. the boost didnt seem to change, just the car was running very slow. i thought the plugs were fouled.

'****' now im expecting more damage as i start taking it apart further.

assuming its just the blade, how much is a new s-trim impellar?
how much money am i looking at? any ideas would be helpful.

seriously thinking about getting out of cars if i can get this running good enough to sell.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
to have vortech replace the impeller will most likely be $500 or so because they will replace/ rebuild the seals and bearings. if the fins are broken off then id look further up to see where they are. they have to be somewhere in there.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey chad, If it is hurt that bad get with me. Do not spend any cash until you talk to me. Sounds like now is the time to make that puppy flat cook. I have a few ideas to run by you. BTW I found you a nice coupe body down the street 500 would get it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ill give you a call sunday, by the way did i leave a plastic case at your house?

thanks i was removing the lower intake to replace the seals, but i stopped after seeing the impellar, out of frustration. just 1 fin tip is broken, 2 others has some damage. ill defiantly will be looking for the pieces

1 - 5 of 5 Posts