Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what HP/TQ numbers you guys are getting with your supercharger automatic cars.

I'm making 380HP & 379TQ with catted X-Pipe. I want to see if I'm close to everyone else. My mods are in sig.

Thanks for the replys:joy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
See sig below. Enough to destroy a new Maserati Coupe on George Bush Freeway in Dallas last night:D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so besides jimfitzgerald car I'm in the ball park, cool.

has everything held up to that much more? My next step is a converter, what stall do you guys recommend with excellent drivabilty on the streets?

Thanks,

·
Registered
326 Posts
Kurt2002 said:
..My next step is a converter, what stall do you guys recommend with excellent drivabilty on the streets?...
You've got some nice numbers there, ...and *without* the intercooler. I'm leery about going any higher with mine due to potential fuel delivery issues.

I'd say a 3000-3200 stall would do you well. With the gears my Stallion doesn't feel much different than stock. A trans cooler will of course be a must - any blown auto should have one if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So 3000 rpm stall will be fine on the street?

Thanks I think without a intercooler my numbers are great. I even have a safe tune. I made 400 HP but the tune was on the ragged edge (17 degrees timing & 12.5/1 A/F ratio).

I'm getting the trans cooler installed with the new converter. So PI or Art Carr is the top two companies I should stick with?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Get a PI converter - they are the best in my opinion. Heat is the biggest killer of any auto tranny. I would put a cooler on there before you get into it at all. Its amazing how much your tranny will appreciate it and last longer with a cooler.

·
Registered
326 Posts
jimfitzgerald said:
See below...

11.609 @ 122.38 before cams
Built and tuned by Higgins Ford Performance
www.higginsfordperformance.com
Thanks Tommy, Jason, and Dave
:eek:

... and you're running the stock 4R70W except Converter & shift kit etc.?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Blown00GTAuto said:
:eek:

... and you're running the stock 4R70W except Converter & shift kit etc.?
I am running the stock 4R70W with tranny cooler, PA manual valve body, and PI Stallion 3200 converter. I had a B&M Hammer shifter installed this week.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
343 rwhp/336rwtq .......... stop laughing. Oh and yes, it's an auto with a Vortech + bullitt intake. Pretty impressive, huh?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a PI triple plate in my Supercharged Marauder, and got a 3800 stall in my stang, I love these converters, and Terry is about as good as it gets when it comes to customer service. Even at 3800 the thing drove great on the street. Best mod I did (yet!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts