Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having a conversation with someone that that thinks a stock 99GT will run 14.8's and doesn't think a stock stang will ever run under a 14.5 and to even think about low 14's to very high 13.9's is a joke. I don't know personally I just know what some people on this site have said they ran stock. He also said that you want to run out of gear when at the track. I don't have enough track experiance in my Stang to be able to argue what it will run in the 1/4 or if I want it to run out of gear. Any opinoins?

·
Registered
349 Posts
What's Up? Stock 99+ will run low 14's in the quater. A lot of guys have hit high 13's even. On avaerage 5 speeds will be around 14.1-14.3 in the quater. With your exhaust mods and some good driving you should break into the 13's yourself. What your friend is saying about running out of gear might be that you'll wind out your last usable gear in the quater. Basically for your car if it is a 5-speed you would leave it in 3rd gear at the end and wind it out all the way. You'll be real close to touching the rev limiter, but should'nt. Hope that make some sense to you.

Later
Erik

·
Registered
610 Posts
jeremyc50 said:
I'm having a conversation with someone that that thinks a stock 99GT will run 14.8's and doesn't think a stock stang will ever run under a 14.5 and to even think about low 14's to very high 13.9's is a joke. I don't know personally I just know what some people on this site have said they ran stock. He also said that you want to run out of gear when at the track. I don't have enough track experiance in my Stang to be able to argue what it will run in the 1/4 or if I want it to run out of gear. Any opinoins?
Most stock 5 speeds can run 13.8 to 13.9 with a good driver. Automatics run 14.2 to 14.3. My car is far from stock, but with my automatic, I trap in 3rd gear right at red line rpm's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts