Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can running lean ruin a head gasket? If so please explain how. I just got done installing new head gaskets 2 weeks ago and I am getting water in the oil again. The first time the gaskets went the water had made a groove in the head gasket between the water jacket and the lifter valley. I don't know what it did this time because I didn't take off the heads yet. I changed the oil after about 25 miles just to make sure that the oil in the engine was rid of the water from the last time. The oil was fine, no water. When I checked it 10 miles later it had water in it. I get no white smoke out the exhaust and the car runs great. I had the timing at 10 and the BTM set at almost 2. I never even got on it other than a quick blip to 5000rpm here and there. What can cause the little passage way in the head gasket? I heard no signs of detonation. Would a cracked block do this? remember I get no white smoke out the exhaust and the car runs nice. Please help.

My set up:gt40x heads, b-303 cam, crane roller rockers, cobra intake, MSD6, MSD-BTM, Tremec, 3:73, 10 rib novi [email protected],190lph intank, t-rex out, pro-5.0 shifter, 42lb injectors, pro-m80 mass air, AFM powerpipe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts