Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSD's instructions say to run the yellow wire to the nitrous relay. How do you wire them together? Could I just wire it to the solenoids ground?

·
Registered
482 Posts
The window switch's yellow wire should be connected directly to the green wire(ground) from the relay.

The relay is then grounded through the MSD once all the switches and rpm are in the right position causing the relay to ground which in turn activates the entire circuit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Window Switch

Red wire- 12 volt
Black- ground
Yellow wire- goes to White wire on relay
white wire - goes to pin #26 on the wireing harness ( your car could be different)

On my car the green wire on the relay goes to the Fuel and Nit. solenoid.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
madmike said:
The window switch's yellow wire should be connected directly to the green wire(ground) from the relay.

The relay is then grounded through the MSD once all the switches and rpm are in the right position causing the relay to ground which in turn activates the entire circuit.
Are you saying that I need to tap into the green wire, or detatch the green wire from its grounding location and attach it to the yellow wire from the RPM switch? Im pretty clueless when it comes to wireing the electronics.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
on a side note.. do you need to have an MSD ignition box to be able to use the msd window switch?

·
Registered
468 Posts
on a side note.. do you need to have an MSD ignition box to be able to use the msd window switch?
No. But if you have a 99+GT, you need a Tach Adapter. MSD makes those as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.