Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if u look at my sig, would my combo be better off with a rpm II intake manifold? i was reading some stuff on both of them and RPM says better power above 6000, perfect for supercharger or nitrous, but im not gonna be putting that in my car, and rpm II says good for 1500-6000 or 5500, which sounds better to me. what do u guys think?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'd stay with the rpm, you aren't flowing enough air with 165's to warrant the swap to a rpm2.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I think the RPM II is a great intake...but definitely not worth switching out my RPM for. If I had to buy a new intake I might invest in it, but I would be extremely surprised if you picked up a noticable gain.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a Cobra intake, worth switching?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, do u guys think my intake is a good choice? or which would u guys suggest?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
from what it sounds and you are running the RPM is fine for you. If you end up going bigger heads/stroke/forced induction, you might want to think about the upgrade.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
I'd wait for the RPM version 2.1..... :)

The II may make a bit more power up top; and probably less torque down low (the numbers in the AFM test don't go below 2500; for the street, off-idle to 2500 is one of the most important ranges). If you're looking for signficant improvement, I wouldn't go through the trouble/expense of the swap as your package isn't making power at high enough rpm to really take advantage of the II.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts