Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went looking to see if Edelbrock made an EFI 351W RPM Air Gap intake. They make one for the Holden but nothing for a 351W it appears. Does anybody know if the Holden intake will align with aftermarekt 351W head ports?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went looking to see if Edelbrock made an EFI 351W RPM Air Gap intake. They make one for the Holden but nothing for a 351W it appears. Does anybody know if the Holden intake will align with aftermarekt 351W head ports?
I'm pretty sure Holden was owned by GM, wouldn't expect it to fit.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hope this link works, looks like a guy had one custom made and was selling it back in 2013

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have read that dual planes are not good for multi-port EFI due to the uneven distribution across the ports. With a carb you just get uneven distribution of the air/fuel mixture, where with port injection it would actually cause different air/fuel ratios among the cylinders. Is this why just about every EFI intake with a 4150 mount is single plane?

·
Registered
10,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read that dual planes are not good for multi-port EFI due to the uneven distribution across the ports. With a carb you just get uneven distribution of the air/fuel mixture, where with port injection it would actually cause different air/fuel ratios among the cylinders. Is this why just about every EFI intake with a 4150 mount is single plane?
Air distribution in most cast intakes vary a bit. Short runners, long runners, runners with bends in them. EFI ensures pretty consistent fuel delivery into the port whereas carb intakes can result in fuel separation/puddling before the port entry. Each has potential issues to deal with, but they both vary in air distribution to a more or lesser degree.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts