Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All the threads on balancers made me look at mine last night - at 56k, the rubber is starting to creep out and show it's ugly head...so..

If costs is within $40.00 - what is the better way to go and why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I personally feel the Romac might be a better piece... BUT... The powerbond I purchased looks, and works awsome. Plus it meets the SFI requirements that I wanted. Also, I don't make enough power, even with my nitrous to ever warrant needing the best of everything.. Because if I followed that example, I would have Oliver Rods, and Sonny Bryant Billet crank in my 300hp GT.

$165 for the Powerbond from Strokermotor.com is a good price, and hard to beat!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Killer95.

strokermotor.com at $165 for the PB OR
Fastlane for the Romac at around $205?

Which one would you buy?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I have the Powerbond (Pioneer) and like it

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
^""

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by StarrMan
I have the Powerbond (Pioneer) and like it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just put mine on a couple days ago... great so far.

I would get the one for 165 just cuz I'm a cheap bastid. :)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Wear your shades when you go to set timing.... :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
has anyone seen any dyno number gains for et reduction or even any benefit from vibrations after installing a good balancer?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ordered mine from fastlane for 209 plus shipping looks good cant get it on my crankshaft AT all though! Might have to get rent the tool to install

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
cayman said:
has anyone seen any dyno number gains for et reduction or even any benefit from vibrations after installing a good balancer?
The benefits are that the old crappy stock one wont tear your crank in half with its vibrations and timing will finally be dead on.
Need anymore reasons ? :cool:

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
I ran a romac on my supercharged motor for 30k miles with no problems. I only took it off because my new motor was balanced to an ati balancer and I wanted to use the balancer and flywheel that the motor was balanced to. To hold up to 30k miles of supercharged abuse, I was very happy with my romac. BTW, I'm selling my romac now if interested.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
sptnvnm said:
Romac here. $219 shipped from Fastlane.
I got the race Romac which is 7 1/2 pounds for the price above. With my mods i decided to go with the better quality Romac for piece of mind.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i have romac steel 50oz for sale right now, I changed engines had to buy a new 28oz balancer. The 50oz has like 2000miles on it, i noticed engine was much smoother with this balancer.

200obo

thanks
Jay

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Pioneer / Powerbond Here...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I had a Romac before i switched to ATI this year....When you start putting cheap unheard of Crap on your car you get what you paid for..Get a Romac or if you got the extra cash get the ATI. :salute:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts