Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the whole balancer install procedure has been beaten to death already. I just have 1 Q....Will a Romac balancer interfere with anything (i.e. underdrive water pump pulley) on an otherwise stock 94/95 5.0 motor. I have heard they go on with no problems, need to be machined and other water pump grinds etc.. Can you guys please post your success specifically with underdrive pullies installed...Also does boiling it help to get it on any??

Thx

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I do beleive that romac does have a clearence issue with the 94+ motors. I cant remember what exactly it was , but do a search.
-tyler

·
Registered
342 Posts
yes you will have to grind the wp pulley 1/4 to 1/2" for clearence...if it is an underdrive it may differ between pulleys not sure...just have a grinder handy brad did mine in ten minutes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hmmm, I might go look at mine to see, but it went on with NO problems. Is it the different pullies on the Cobra maybe?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have a Romac, and run a Edel water pump and a '93 Cobra W/P pulley. No problems anywhere. The Cobra pulley is actually smaller than the standard pulley.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ok, I went and looked. I can see the bolt you guys had to grind. I have about a 1/4" clearance between the balancer and the bolt. The pulley looks like it could be alot bigger w/o causing problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
95/GT, March underdrives and a replacement waterpump...I just put the Romac on and it does not interfere anywhere. Lots of waterpump clearance but the Waterpump pulley is real, real close but enough to clear..Go figure I was lucky this time..

·
Registered
655 Posts
My Romac was really close to my underdrive water pump pulley (.020"), but it did clear. Actually at first it didn't, but then I loosened the water pump bolts (had just put it on), and slide the water pump up as far as I could, held it there and then tightened the bolts...that gave me .020 clearence with the feeler guage. That's close, but it works just fine.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.