Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in some roller rockers for my 2000 GT. I found 1.60 and 1.70. What exactly does that mean , and which ones do I need? Thx.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean where at?

·
Registered
501 Posts
He means that as far as we know only one company makes rockers for our cars. They have a 1.9 ratio and are like a 1000 dollars. The 1.6 and 1.7 you are looking at are probably for the 5.0 pushrod motor. Our cars stock have 1.8 ratio rockers so why would we go down to 1.6 or 1.7.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.need-4-speed.com/fordracing.htm

i see now. im new to all this. someone suggested for me to get some roller rockers for the car. i take it that i already have what i need. this site doesnt specify the year. thx for the info.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes those are for the 5.0L, you can tell because they say they are bolt in or pedastal mount. ON a 4.6 they set a top the lifter and the valve it self and the cam rolls over the top of the roller rocker. From what I see you have done to your car you could do alot of other things
Ex:
4.10 gears
dump the jet module(total junk)
long tube headers w/ off road pipe and your exhaust of choice
80mm Pro-M Mass air w/conical air filter
AFM power pipe
New Intake plenum you have three to choose from
Get a JMS chip or any other custom tuner chip(not SC or Jet)

This would get you to a good start and then you could venture into doing ported heads, cams and new valve train. Since, you are new to it all just start with the basics. Hope you like the mustang. Have fun and enjoy it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man I love my car. Ill own a stang for a loooong time. My gf bought me the chip for christmas a few years back,she didnt know any better. Nice thought though. Im gettin the FRPP 4.10's, pro 5.0 shifter, accufab plenum and I want the American Thunder exhaust system with the super 40 series mufflers. I heard em already and its totally raw sounding. I want an x-pipe but its gonna have to be added to the American Thunder system I guess. Whats a power pipe? and whats the difference between shorty headers and long tube headers? and as far as the chip, if I get the mass air and plenum do I need a chip thats calibrated for all this? Thx for the response.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Look for the power pipe at andersonfordmotorsport.com Well the headers are pita to change with the stock k-member and when you switch to shorties you get only about 5 hp not worth the time and labor. The long tubes are a much better investment you will get about 20hp from them and the car will breath much better because the exhaust is being pushed further from the heads before they meet up in the collector. As for the chip I would actually go ahead and the mods you want to and take the Jet module off and wait until you get all of your mods done to get another one. Like with the jet you have know they are great for a car that will stay in stock form but as soon as you change some things you are throwing the chip for a loop. I would definately get a timing adjuster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah thats on the agenda too, I forgot about that one. I have a question about the timing adjuster, then Ill leave you alone,hehe. What exactly has to be done once it has been installed? Do I adjust it however I want or is there a certain degree to set it too? Thx again man.

·
Registered
501 Posts
No you will be able to adjust it to where you want it, that is all you need to do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry lilprime,
I meant where did you see them at.

Research, research do lots of research because all the awnsers to your questions are located in the search function.

Also: welcome to the boards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah its cool man. Ive been researching for about 2 weeks now at least 2 hours a day. Ive got the fever baaaaaaaaad. Im just the type to make sure I dont mess something up, and Im lookin for the best bang for every buck according to reviews and all you guys. I hate wasting money,hehe. Ive resorted to asking all you guys because I really cant find everything I want to know on the web. Its much appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lose HP how?.....Im not sure what u mean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts