Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
the way i understand and the way my cage is the kicker bars are over my subframe conectors i dont think they have to be physicaly connected to the subframe . i never heard of the 30 degree thing in the kicker bars.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Well, you said "roll cage" so I assume you mean you have a "full" cage which includes the forward roof bars and windshield bar. If this is the case and you will be going for an NHRA cage certification then you should weld the kicker bars directly to your subframe connectors (going through the floor). The subframe connectors need to be a specific size also, depending on whether they are square or round so be aware of that specification.

On the other hand, if you really meant a "roll bar" and not cage then you can weld the kicker bars anywhere you like.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John,

Yes, Roll Cage. Thanks for the info.

Here is another one for you if you know...

On a full frame car like a truck, with a roll cage does it still need kicker bars? Where would they mount since the main hoop goes straight to the frame rails?

James

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
If you have an actual frame the main hoop must be welded to it and in that case you do not need the kicker bars. It's only when the main hoop is welded to plates on the floor that you need the kicker bars welded to the subframes.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
My car has some decent HPM subframe connectors on it. I will be attaching points 7 and 8 like these pics of johns car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts