Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recieved a set of pedestal mount rockers that i bought used from someone on this site. the problem is that they where suppost to be the 1.72 cobra rockers but they are not blue and do not have a ratio cast into them like i remember the "cobra" ones having. the part number is #F3ZE-6529-AB . they do have the ford logo cast into them and they are crane rockers. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I HAVE?

thanks
paul

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
if they are aluminum crane rockers then they are cobra rockers. check out www.cranecams.com and see if they are the same as yours...

take care,
adam

·
Registered
485 Posts
They sound like the same ones I bought off a member at Stangnet. The ones I bought came off a 93 Cobra. They are 1.7, not 1.72. They should be made by Crane, not Ford.

Like avbcon12 said, go to thier webpage. They have install instructions you can download there also.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are silver natural metal color and are die cast aluminium. they hhave the ford logo cast into the top and the crane logo cast in the top as well. i tried to measure but i keep coming up with 1.65 +/- so i am hoping that someone will have encountered this. the cobra rockers do say 1.72 on them right and arnt they blue?
paul

·
Registered
291 Posts
SURFS UP DUDE! said:
they are silver natural metal color and are die cast aluminium. they hhave the ford logo cast into the top and the crane logo cast in the top as well. i tried to measure but i keep coming up with 1.65 +/- so i am hoping that someone will have encountered this. the cobra rockers do say 1.72 on them right and arnt they blue?
paul
no they arent blue, you got the right stuff.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
The Cobra rockers have Crane and Ford cast on them, as well as a Ford part number across the top. They are nominally 1.7 ratio. You may be appearing to lose ratio because you're collapsing a lifter while checking lift (are you using a test spring or a valve spring). They do not have a ratio cast in them. They are natural silver, not anodized. I think you're thinking of the FMS version of the Crane Gold series.

Billy

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
F3ZE-6529-AB

that is a 93 Ford part number..

F = 9 with 3 after it. that being the same year as the 93 cobra and the 93 cobra having 1.7 rockers that would be the logical assumption.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok great you guys are awsome! that is just the info i needed. those rockers in the picture are exactly the ones i have.
thanks guys
paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts