Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, dont want rant to long but I recently just v8 swapped my 89 coupe, purchased a clean 91 rag top ( 5.0/c4 ) as my donor car. Everything has been swapped over and have sold the shell of the rag top to free up some space in the budget. For the time being im going to be using stock heads, cam, and intake due to my budget, my question is what would be a good rocker arm choice for a stock application.? I was looking at the scorpion 1.6 rockers or trickflow 1.6s. Keep in mind im using stock springs for now as well. I did pick up new comp cams pushrods, and the comp camps studs as well. Just graduated last summer so cant afford to redo it all right now, just trying to freshen it up and get it back on the road in the meantime. first time tackling a project like this so i really appreciate any tips or comments.
Thanks in advance View attachment 1071921

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went from Scorpions to the TFS ones on my TFS 11R heads.

The body on the Scorpions are much thicker which led to clearance issues between the pushrod and and the back of the rocker at full lift.

Maybe it was just this head or my setup but the Scorpions didnt work for me.

Also you might get lucky with the pushrod length you bought, but it may vary when you plug in all your parts, so best to measure that out.

·
Vendor
13,176 Posts

The body on the Scorpions are much thicker which led to clearance issues between the pushrod and and the back of the rocker at full lift.

Also you might get lucky with the pushrod length you bought, but it may vary when you plug in all your parts, so best to measure that out.
Hes using a stock head, but yes on the 11R the trick flow is much better than any other aluminum rocker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sweet thanks. ill be ordering the trickflow 1.6s then. Thats good to know, i was recommended the scorpions but was told id have to remove the baffle in the valve cover due to clearance issues. But If i were to have to get taller valve covers and a intake spacer, would i have any clearance issues with my mms strut brace.?
Its stock cam so i ordered the stock length, would you recommend me getting a pushrod length checker.?

·
Vendor
13,176 Posts
Sweet thanks. ill be ordering the trickflow 1.6s then. Thats good to know, i was recommended the scorpions but was told id have to remove the baffle in the valve cover due to clearance issues. But If i were to have to get taller valve covers and a intake spacer, would i have any clearance issues with my mms strut brace.?
Its stock cam so i ordered the stock length, would you recommend me getting a pushrod length checker.?
What he posted has no bearing on your stock head

·
Registered
191 Posts
I used a set of pedestal mount 1.7rrs (Crane units just like the Cobra had). They will increase the effective valve lift from the stock .444 to .472 (almost as much lift as the might B cam). They will fit under stock valve covers as well.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
187 Posts
The thing that threw me off was "comp cam studs"

Are you changing from pedestal mount to stud mount on stock heads? I thought there was more involved with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.