Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD to fastcobra50!!!

I honestly can't remember if this is a Canton or Moroso pan, but either way it's a road race, fully baffled 7qt pan that came off my 351W. I know I bought it directly from the manufacturer in CT, but both Canton and Moroso are in CT, so that doesn't help me remember which brand it is. :p

The pan was installed along with the freshly built engine back in 2002. At the time, the car had a Griggs K-member, and for some reason the combination of Griggs K-member + poly convertible motor mounts + this pan ended up with a super tight fitment against the steering rack, so the pan was notched behind the small front sump. Although the pan has been on the engine since 2002, I'd bet it has < 5000mi on it. The car has (unfortunately) sat an awful lot during the ensuing 10 years.

As far as I know that notch will prevent you from running a windage tray, unless you modify the tray.

Obviously, the pan is rusty, but it's all surface rust. If I had elected to keep it I was planning to have it powdercoated, but since I'm selling it I figured I'll let the new owner do what they want with it. There are no signs of any leakage from the pan.

$75 + shipping from 22310.

If you have questions about the oil pan or want to make me an offer, just post here. I will be notified of the thread bump just as quickly as if you send me a PM, and I'd rather keep any discussion here in the thread.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, forgot about this! Just sent you a PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts