Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost done with the 5 lug disc brake upgrade on my new 91'. I have 94-95 front spindles, Northracecars PBR calipers and 13" front rotors. I think I have 95 Cobra R rims and now they don't fit. How can I make this work?

P.S. I have had these rims for years on a basic 5 lug drum conversion.

· Jersey True Street Guy
3,197 Posts
Likely the .75 wider track width on the sn95 spindle pushing wheels out. Cheapest solution may be to put a set of 1 inch shorter arms on it. UPR makes them that are pretty reasonable.

They will change strut angle when you do that which will limit castor. On a street car you will still be able to get it right as long as you have camber castor plates.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are 17x9 rims that fit well with the old 5 lug Lincoln rotors. With the new 94-95 spindles the tire and rim is wobbeling and won't seat against the rotor by about 1/8" i would guess

· Registered
1,489 Posts
I need to know what you mean by doesn't fit? I have the same exact setup including the rims and everything fits perfect.

· Premium Member
15,786 Posts
Do you have hub centric spacers in the wheel? Plastic rings, to align the wheel on some model car? Otherwise if the bolt holes line up, and they do... nothing that should be a problem in the center of the wheel.

Now I should think there isn't anything in a stock caliper package that's too large on those spindles and rotors to fit a 17" wheel.

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Is it just the front that does this? Can you post a picture of the setup?

· Jersey True Street Guy
3,197 Posts
Likely the .75 wider track width on the sn95 spindle pushing wheels out. Cheapest solution may be to put a set of 1 inch shorter arms on it. UPR makes them that are pretty reasonable.

They will change strut angle when you do that which will limit castor. On a street car you will still be able to get it right as long as you have camber castor plates.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I was assuming this was an issue with hitting the fenders or sticking out...

My bad, I concur with the others, no reason it shouldn't fit.

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will be home shortly and take pics. I am not sure if I have hub centric centers. It does seem like an issue with the center hub. I will take pics and get em up soon. Thanks for your help!!

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, Here are the pics on the rim and the tire on the car. The wrench in the middle represents how much space is between the back of the rim and the rotor.

Any ideas?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never mind!! I'm an idiot..With a little force it went on….It has to be perfectly square on the threads and then pushed on with a little force to get it to seat on the rotor. I guess if the rim is not perfectly straight when putting it on it hangs up on the spindle hub.

Sorry for the trouble..Thanks for all your help and great responses!!!

· Registered
1,489 Posts
No problem. Just glad it worked out.

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.