Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS, I PURCHASED RICHMOND 3:73 GEARS FOR MY 93 LX BUT WAS TOLD BY SOMEONE THAT I SHOULD SEND THEM BACK AND GET FORD MOTORSPORTS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE RICHMONDS MAKE ALOT OF NOISE. HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD THIS OR EXPERIENCED IT FIRST HAND????

·
Registered
351 Posts
i haven't tried richmond myself, but, from my experience today's gears are always quiet IF they are installed properly. have the gears put in by a good shop and you should not have any noise. if the gears are not aligned properly they will "whine" at certain/all speeds.

BTW. you will love the 3.73s. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEAH I HEARD THEY WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THE CAR, THE SHOP THAT DOES MY WORK IS GOOD HE JUST SAID I MIGHT BE ALITTLE IRRITATED BY THE WHINE THE RICHMONDS MAKE. BUT THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME I HEARD IT SO I FIGURED ID CHECK FOR OPIONIONS, THANKS FOR RESPONDING.

·
Premium Member
2,678 Posts
I have Richmond gears in my car... Quiet as can be! I also have Moser c-clip eliminators that don't leak either. I bet I just jinxed myself by saying my gears are quiet and my c-clip eliminators don't leak! Oh well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts