Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey... i was wondering if any of you have encountered or read any reviews or used any of the following Maximum Motorsport frame straightening stuff:
MM Sub Frame connectors (full length)
MM 4 point K-member brace
MM strut tower brace
Do they make a difference? hows the install on the sub frames? is it worth the money?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have the panhard and torque arm installed. No complaints with either piece. Contracted out the work, beyond my skill level with the torque arm.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome... thanks

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have the Maximum Motorsports full length convertible subs on mine.

They involve a bit more work to install as the seat braces are not pre-welded to the subs. That said, they are very beefy and helped stiffen up the chassis considerably!

I am currently also using their adjustable lower control arms, ss brake lines and 3-2 port conversion with my SN95 brakes. Previously I was using their SS caliper sleeves with Hawk pads with my stock brakes. All top quality stuff.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, ok thanks very much... and just to make sure... when welding the subs you are supposed to use mig welder... does that go for the seat braces as well? thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
I bought Caster Camber Plates from them. They went in without a hitch. My alignment is way better now than before installed them. I bought their rear lower control arms and have not installed them yet. I would recommend them to you. The tech, "Chris" is very helpful.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks very much

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
MM has great stuff. I have everything MM for my suspension, and I installed it all myself. Of the three things you wanted to know I have the strut tower brace, and it is by far the best I have owned.
If you need advice on anything else MM like panhard bar, torque arm, adjustable sway bar, CC plates, LCA's, coilovers, and their bilstein struts and shocks. Go ahead and ask.(thats what I have)
Oh I see in your sig you have the panhard bar. Is that already installed??? If not, watch what tailpipes you use.
later

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the full-length subframes, LCA's, panhard bar, and some other non-suspension stuff from MM.
The subframes are nice and make a big difference like any decent subframe connectors. Car felt so much more solid.
The panhard bar was awesome, one of my favorite mods so far. Made the rearend feel really solid on corners. I did the LCA's at the same time, and both of them together made the car much more controllable and predictable in a slide.
I installed everything except the subframes because I can't weld. Panhard was some work but wasn't difficult, just time consuming. LCA's are obviously bone-simple.
All their stuff has been top-notch IMO, and their service has been great. I intend to buy alot more from them when I have the money. Next up I want the torque arm and coilover package.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Heya,

I've got their Panhard Bar and Heavy duty torque arm setup on my 99 GT... no complaints at all! Car handles like you wouldn't believe...and the parts all fit well ( install took a while!) and work very well.

Regards,

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
89 LX 5.0 Vert
02 F150 SuperCrew

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea.... i actually dont have all that stuff yet... in my sig i say work in progress because i dont even have everything yet... if i did i wouldnt be talking on this forum now... id be installing everything i could... id like to have all that stuff done by the summer of next year... im on 17 and i have 2 expensive hobbies... 1 being mustangs, and the other being guitars... so i just dropped about 900 bucks into a new guitar and over a grand on a new amp... i have some money saved up for the granatelli lowers which just came in the mail today, the MM sub frames are being bought for me by my friends for my birthday, and the k member and strut tower brace i have enough for but im pacing my spending... i always try and have atleast like 200 dollars just in case... so i basically want to get all those mods done before college because in college i doubt ill have much money to go towards my car... by then id like to have 2 grand or 3 grand to get something more fuel efficient... just so that if i need to drive far it wont cost 10 dollars to go 40 miles... so anyways... what i want done sooner is by the end of the summer id like all the frame stiffening and suspension stuff done (i already have the springs, the upper control arms, the shocks, the lowers im installing this saturday) so i only need the sub frames, the k member brace, the strut tower brace, and pan hard if the install isnt gonna cost to much (i dont weld well enough for this) and id also like the diff and gears done by the end of summer... after that its ignition, probably throttle body (i already have the 73mm mass air) and by the end of the year id like the nitrous on the stock motor... then its just working and saving for the heads, headers, intakes, pistons, rods, rockers, possibley the crank, and then a rebuild kit and hopefully by mid next summer ill be pulling the motor and start working on the rebuild... so yeah its some big stuff but atleast i have a plan... and it might be alot for a 17 year old... but man my good friend Jordan (evilbird on this site) is 18 and hes got his blown windsor ready to run 11's... so we will see, but yeah, thats the story

1 - 12 of 12 Posts