Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for all of my Mustang bros. I have a 95 AOD-E and was wondering if there was anyway to remove the rev limiter. I know I can get a chip and extend the limiter but I don't really have the money for that right now. When I manually shift the car she rev's out at about 5400 rpm's. I think I could run quicker times if I can get it closer to the 6000 rpm range. Right now, manually shifting at the track and in cool weather she runs 13.9's all day. I don't understand how other stock GT's with almost the same mods and manual tranny's are running high 14's low 15's. I race at Cecil County Dragway in MD. Last question, my car gets hot while driving in town(around A on the dummy gauge. Changed rad cap, water pump, 180 brass thermo, and coolant temp sensor, and had to hook fan to toggle switch to keep cool in town. Any other things I can change. There isn't any water in my oil so I don't think the head is cracked and it stays cool on the highway, so I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Galloping Ghost:

White 95 GT, black leather and every damn GT option available
Cobra Front bumper
BBK Chrome Shorties
BBK H-Pipe
Homeade Ram Air(thanks Ihara)
Ported and polished stock throttle body(done myself in 2 hours)
Went from 17'' tri spokes to 16'' waffle stars(tires got too expensive)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Cooling

Could be fan motor, there is a recall on that it is a two speed fan low speed may be the only one working. Or the high speed relay box may have failed, it cost about 100 buck though.. Don't know on the limiter thing
Good louck

·
Registered
383 Posts
Did you pull the codes and see if the one for "coolant sensor" shows up? My fan wouldn't come on till 210 degrees. New radiator, water pump, manual switch for high speed fan. Pulled the codes. Showed bad coolant sensor. Screwed a new one into the front of the intake. Low speed fan came right on at 190 where the chip is programmed to have it come on at. DUH>:p
I always learn things the hard way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts