Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
track results, does this seem right?

I was consistently running [email protected] MPH. Temps were in the 70's, humidity not bad..

Here's what I have: 89 notch, lentech AOD, 2600 stall converter, headers, catless x-pipe, cat-back, trick flow street heat intake manifold, 70mm tb and egr, 75mm maf, adjustible fpr, underdrives, 14 deg timing, 4.10 gears. 94k miles on motor, shifting at 5200-5500.

The car is full weight, all accessories (AC, power steering, smog, alternator) still running.

My 60's suck at 2.3 (and consequently my ET's suck), but that's expected with the stock suspension, and crappy all-season 225's.. But the MPH? Does that seem awefully low for the mods I have? Anybody have experience with a similar combo?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
not really IMHO

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I have a little less than you have but my mph would be anywhere from a high 94 to just shy of 97 when i had the aod. Try moving your timing and fuel pressure up and down in small increments till you get the best you can out of it. Also on my car i noticed that it ran better if i shifted at about 5600 in first and then about 5200 for the other gears, that might be something to try although you have more gear and a convertor so i dont know. Sounds to me like you should be able to run high 13s @ about 99-100, good luck.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
By the way you should be able to get a better 60' than a 2.3, I run small 225/60/15 continentals and pull 2.1s with totaly stock suspension. The two tenths right there would probably put you into the 13s. Good luck, Dave.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Get some drag radial to improve that 60'. You mph is right where it should be. It takes a good bit of power or a good bit of traction to go 100 mph.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
cutting better 60's will result in MUCH better times, and getting a set of heads will wake up the rest of the mods that you have...A LOT!

·
Registered
805 Posts
That seems a bit low, although you haven't really gained much power from your mods. Maybe 30hp at the most. A set of heads would do wonders!

That AOD must really suck up the power. My 5spd, 180k mile motor pulled down 97mph with only pullies (stock filter, 3.08s, stock exhaust, etc). That was with a 2.36 60' too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts