Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of replacing my current steering wheel. My car is a 90 ssp coupe with no cruise control. It's pretty beat up, and I'm wondering if I can replace it with a steering wheel that has the cruise control buttons, but obviously won't be used.

If it should work I'm leaning towards this one. Just wondering how it would look with my interior?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
It should work. I know the clock springs changed a bunch of times from 87 to 93 so you might have some wiring to address but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

Doesn’t LMR have a 93 cobra replacement steering wheel? It’ll be an airbag wheel with no cruise. I’m not familiar with the SSP wheels but it sounds like that’s what you’re after.

I put a tilt column in my ‘90 and then used a sparco aftermarket wheel. But that’s probably more than you’re looking to do.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
They have the standard wheel that doesn't have the tape stripe or suede, if you want closer to OEM.
Just need to buy some cruise swiches to put in it.

The other wheel is nice too, but i wish it was available without the red stripe.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. LMR doesn't sell a 93 cobra reproduction steering wheel. I'm likely going to buy there cruise control version with light "blemishes" on eBay. New they are 100 dollars, then I'll buy some switches.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is my beat up one. I'll be purchasing one this weekend. Waiting to see if a guy will sell me his 93 cobra wheel, otherwise I'll get one with cruise control buttons.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
If it’s just the leather covering, why not replace it?

Redlinegoods.com will make any sort of leather covering you want. They send you the material and you ship material and wheel to one of their recommended installers and they put it on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts