Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
My 104k miles short block has 12 psi of oil pressure at idle. So off it goes in goes 55k mile short. What the best way to remove the engine with or without tranny? I used fel pro head gaskets when i replaced my head, but forgot the part # for stock replacement Fel Pro head gasket. Which did you use? Also this will be my first engine removall and install so any tips are appreciated.
Thanx
Paul

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one replaced their short block????
Paul

·
Registered
519 Posts
Its acutally a lot easier than I thought it would be the first time I did it.
Obviously the less you have on the motor the easier it is to pull. Drain the coolant, take off the intake, accessories, headers, ect.

Its easy the only thing I can tell you is get a box of zip lock bags and a marker. While taking it apart bag all the bolts and label them.
This will be monumental when you put it back together.

O and its easier to remove it with the Trans allready out or disconected.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just pulled my motor last month... do what he said and get bags for the bolts and label them. What I did was just leave the trans in the car and take out the 8 bolts that connect the bellhousing/flexplate to the engine... then disconnected the motor mounts and all the lines/wires... then take headers off and dont forget to drain all the fluids too.. be careful because not all the fluids will completely drain when the engine is level... when I started to pull the motor up with the hoist, as soon as the motor started tilting coolant went everywhere.. and youll have to pull the hood too... it didnt take as long as I thought but be warned, if your engine hasnt been taken out recently than you will most likely break a few bolts here and there from rust and what not... good luck

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the info guys.
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts