Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am replacing the plastic intake with another plastic intake, but with alum. x-over. Are the gaskets that go between the head and intake reusable? I thought they were the o-ring type. I have done a Cobra intake, and know those are reusable. I am not as familiar with the 2v intakes. I would like to know before I take it apart, so I can have all the right parts I need. Late night parts store runs really suck, and 4.6 parts are next to impossible to get in my area. Took a week to get a t/b and IAC gasket for my 2v. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
How many miles? They are reusable. Just make sure you blow out all the dirt and debris before you pull the intake. Try to get some compressed air in there along the gaskets edge on the inboard sides.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
38,000 miles. I guess the plastic likes to break during the summer. I see more threads about cracked x-overs in the summer then I do at any other time of the year. Low miles, but 4 year old car. Probably smart to replace them, but will probably be a week before I can get the gaskets. Guess I gotta cruise the "diver's jump-out van" for another week. I am just unsure and hate waiting for parts. I tell ya...when it takes two weeks to get ASWF-22C plugs at $3.70/plug, you'd hate ordering parts too.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I would use new gaskets. They aren't that expensive and I would rather be safe than sorry. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts