Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new 306 from Fox Lake that i'm trying to put together. I ordered a complete engine bolt kit from Summit ($135 one) and i can't seem to the correct combination of timing chain cover / water pump bolts to work. A few work, but there are a few that are too long / short. I even called Summit and ordered another set (i asked for correct bolts for my application to be sure) and had them over nighted ($$) just to find they don't fit either.

What's going on???

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I save all sorts of old bolts from previous motors...
That, and I spent $50 for 10 of each in EVERY SINGLE SIZE bolt and filled several trays of bolts/nuts/washers that I would ever need.

·
Corral Charter Member
3,878 Posts
Here's what I did:

Go to the local ford dealer and tell them you want the water pump bolts/studs for whatever year it is. I got lucky and they had them in stock. It was like $15 for all of them.

Good Luck

Steve

·
Super Moderator
1986 Mustang LX 5.0 AOD Convertible
4,931 Posts
I ran into this same situation a couple years ago. I ordered the ARP timing cover bolts for my 88 GT and turns out not all of them worked. The set ended up being for older 289/302/351Ws in older cars. I couldn't get my money back since I had torn the vacuum packaging to bits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.