Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the ignition module and the stator(well i didn't replace that but it's done) and now i am getting the following codes 172 & 136, they mean that lean bank #1 and lean bank #2. I am still trying to figure out my breaking up problem at cruising RPM and speeds, if you are at wide open throttle you don't really notice any kind of breaking up but it doesn't seem like it is running up to full potetential, this **** is getting old. COME ON GUYS IF YOU CAN THINK OF ANTYTHING ELSE LET ME KNOW

Jason

p.s. my fuel pressure is not dropping as the rpms increase so i dont think that it is the fuel pump and i have my fuel pressure turned up to 40# right now so i know that should be enough fuel

thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you are getting lean codes then you may have a vacume leak at the intake manifold and that will let unmetered air into the motor.Inspect all vacume hoses attached to the intake.There is one the is under the phlenum that is going to be hard to get to.

Also inspect the upper intake to lower manifold bolts as they can could be loose but I doubt it.

An air leak will cause a back fire at lower RPMS.When you are at WOT the car is programed to go rich so the extra air will not be as noticable.

I wanted to ask more questions this morning but the corral went down.

Check it out and get back to me.

P.S.Take a piece of garden hose about 2 feet long and hold it up to your ear and probe around the engine for the sound of a vacume leak.

Robert May

·
Registered
351 Posts
One more thing.If you dont find a vacume leak dissconnect your MAF connector and crank the car the check engine light will come on .Go drive the car and see if you have the back fire problem.If it goes away then the MAF could be your problem.The car will be a little sluggish so don't pull out in front of a MACK truck.

Robert May

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man i will have to look for the vacuum leak a little later, it's starting to get a lot colder outside, i just replaced teh ect sensor, i thought it might be sending the wrong temp and causing the problem.

thanks,

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts