Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
when i got my car it had this grimey tint that faded purple on it. It's on all the windows, cept the windsheild. whats the best way to get this crap off w/o leaving any sticky crap?

ty in advance boys..

also im going to order new carpets, do you think black carpets would look good w/ grey seats and dash?

http://www.50resto.com <------ they're good

·
Registered
140 Posts
I found a tint-shop guy willing to work on the side. Payed him 20 bucks, and he went to town. Had it done in about 30 minutes. He said the key was to peel as much off as you can by hand. Then, use stainless steel razor blades to scrape the rest off. (He said regular razor blades will scratch the glass). He also used a dishwashing detergent/water in a spray bottle to help lubricate the blade and loosen up the glue. Follow it all up with a real good glass cleaner. Some of the harder to remove stuff can be hit with either alcohol or some WD40. Good luck!

·
Registered
873 Posts
WD40 or brake cleaner

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Soapy water with a Stainless blade. I did tint work for awhile... Also..... Black carpet with the gray seats and interior looks sweet!!!! I have seen alot of guys doing it..... looks awsome

Kyle

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Just be careful with the razor blade if you have rear defrost. Seen people take the rear defrost lines off the rear window with a razor blade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
does any one have pic's of the black carpet with gray interior??

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts