Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i removed mine.. it is there to dampen vibration from the 3.08's.. i have a little bit of vibration, so i'm thinking about putting it back on to see if it helps..

loose it.. if it vibrates or whatever, put it back.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You don't need it seeing how you have done the gears.

Most take it off after the fact. If your car is lowered I think you should keep the metal braket above the rearend. Just put a couple of longer bolts on it. It keeps your rearend from contacting the frame via the bumpstop.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiway2hell said:
If your car is lowered I think you should keep the metal braket above the rearend. Just put a couple of longer bolts on it. It keeps your rearend from contacting the frame via the bumpstop.
Can you explain this a little more please? I have Eibach lowering spring and don't want to bottom out or anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
just a guess, been a while since I was under there.

maybe there is a plate above the dogbone that uses the same bolts...so if you loose the dogbone, get different bolts to be able to keep the plate for the snubber to hit, instead of the snubber bouncing off the axle housing. not sure why the bolts would need to be longer though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.