Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way and products to get road tar off my paint and my 93 cobra rims? It looks like I drove through a river of the stuff.. thanks...

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've always had good luck wetting the area and then rubbing it with baking soda. Works wonders on a white car with raod tar all over it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Stoner makes a bug and tar remover product. I've never tried it. There are other bug and tar remover products by different manufacturers too, but Stoner is the brand name I happen to remember right now. You can find them in auto parts stores.

Thanks for the baking soda idea.

For bugs, try wetting a towel with warm water and placing it over the bugs for a little while. It might help the removal.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've recently used a Clay bar on my car & it worked wonders for bugs, tar, and overspray.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
My body man (girlfriend's dad :D ) just uses a chemical degreaser in a pump up spray bottle (smells like paint thinner)... the product is used to remove all oils and residue from a car just before it is painted.

It's safe to use on paint..

I've been told you can used WD-40 also.. it's actually supposed to be safer than regular aerosol bug and tar remover...

Just wash it off soon after applying it and wash the area thoroughly with soap and water to get all the chemicals off...

Scott

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts