Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm removing my inline pump since I've taken the supercharger off, so what am I supposed to put in between the two fuel lines where it used to be? Should the pump be making it run extremely rich while it's on there? I figured it would be ok because any unused fuel should be returned to the tank, but it's smoking pretty bad. Anyway, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
68 Posts
You are correct, it should not make it run any richer. All of the extra fuel will just get returned to the tank. The only way it could possibly cause it to go rich is if you return line cannot keep up with the volume that is being returned and your puel pressure rises above what it is supposed to be. Then you would start to go rich. In my opinion that is not likley your problem.

It depends on what type of inline it is and how it was installed to figure out how you need to remove it and what you need to do to get back on the road. On a lot of them you do not have to cut any of the factory lines. If that is the case you could just unplug the lines from the inline pump and remove it then plug the lines directly into the fuel filter.

-Cody

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.