Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed all of my A/C junk. (Yes I live in AZ, yes it's 115 right now, call me crazy). Now I bought the same bracket used on the Non A/C cars and 93 cobra R for relocating the P/S. It has a small grey bracket that bolts to the head, and a weird curved black bracket. How do they go together? I have the P/S still in the stock bracket, and the small grey one bolted to the head. Where does the black bracket go? ANy one have pics of a detailed description. I alreadt got the non A/C belt from Autozone. I can't drive till i figure this out. Help!! Adam

·
Registered
196 Posts
THe black bracket goes tied to the long studs on the water pump and the p/s pump(two holes goes on front off the p/s that two long bolts crosses to the small grey bracket that you already attached to the head.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do i remove the p/s pump from the old grey bracket? Do i need to remove the pulley to get the bolts off? Adam

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just did this on my 82GT. I got the FMS Eliminator kit. I am using a 73inch belt. The belt is like 15 buks at autozone. The top gold looking bolt I couldn't use (eventho its in the pic) cuz it was not long enough. I guess the 82 PS bracket is alittle differant. I ended up using the lower long bolt originally holding the PS pump in place.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you TONS. ADam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts