Ford Mustang Forums banner

remove thread

4K views 69 replies 10 participants last post by  Prone to Violence 
#1 ·
This is first start with ProM system. I have both spark and fuel but is not starting. It’s turning over and I will get a little pop like it wants to start to me it sounds like timing but I checked it twice and it’s right where it needs to be. So I am on here asking what I can check.

#2 ·
Have you tried adding more fuel at startup? Throw 10% more fuel at it during startup and see what happens.

• Haha
Reactions: pkstang
#8 · (Edited)
65 psi at regulator and yes read the directions. Dart 347 with a YSI on E85. I guess I will re stab the distributor again and see if that does anything. I’m here asking for help not to be criticized treated like I’m stupid bc I already know who does that.

Reactions: kjb302ho
#14 ·
  • Are you running 65 psi to compensate for undersized injectors and you applied the appropriate multipliers to the slopes, offsets, and breakpoint? If not, that’s a problem. Furthermore, with a YSi I’m going to assume your intention is to make about 20 psi or more. Do you realize that will require you to raise rail pressure to 85+ at high boost?

• Are you running the flex fuel system or did you just make a calibration for full time E85? If the former, is the flex fuel enabled? If not, you’re going to be 25-30% lean. If the latter, what did you enter for a “gasoline stoich” value?

#16 ·
I started with 40 psi and turned it up to 65 to see if it made a difference. I also moved the distributor slightly counter clockwise and clockwise to see if it made a difference which moving it counterclockwise it would act as though it wants to start. I am going to check the timing again. Thanks everyone

#22 ·
So got an update. I am getting good spark it's trying to start but my guess is now I have bad gas in car. I put E85 in it about 5 months ago and it's sat since then. Would bad gas make it pop like it wants to start?

#25 ·
Another update: I drained tank put new fuel in still does not do anything. I noticed that it pops after you are finished cranking the engine over. I put a light on coil and while I am cranking the engine the light never comes only until the engine stops turning over it will light up. i thought they would fire as the engine is turning.

Also here is a screen shot MAF transfer function. I have never gotten into this parameter.
Azure Rectangle Font Slope Screenshot

Does this look correct?

#30 ·
turn the throttle stop screw in a turn or two. make a manual push button starter connect it to the starter post and positive terminal. loosen the dizzy a little and rotate slightly while starting the car. when its idling lock it down and then fine tune it following the instructions.

your timing is off and your throttle blade is closed too much.

#31 ·
I am using the push button start. I am moving the dizzy while trying to start it at a sweet spot where it try’s to start. I will try the throttle stop screw. Is it possible my injectors could be bad from the fuel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.