Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,656 Posts
Yes 40 psi. Tune is just the tune Pro M gave me as a startup tune.
I understand what you are saying Stangdawg but in reality, I don't trust anyone messing with my car when I am not there This is not my first time in this situation. I have had dozens of cars and with patience and working through things I am always able to figure it out rather than pay someone to do it for me. I built this car over the last 2 years mainly by myself and for me to give up and have some fix it for me just not in my credo.
I get it. I’m fortunate to have a couple sources to get help if I’m totally stuck.

At the very least others can benefit from reading this thread on how to check everything when sorting out a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t take my cars to shops I can always figure it out. Thanks tho.
I am with you on not taking your car to a shoppe most of the time they do not have a clue in particularly about those cars and will more than likely just end up throwing parts at the problem I don`t know how fond you are of your mods but you may
have to back track and undo some things like I indicated the fox is a simple beast and sometimes you can over do it i`m
even thinking your computer module may need reprograming just a suggestion

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,656 Posts
I am with you on not taking your car to a shoppe most of the time they do not have a clue in particularly about those cars and will more than likely just end up throwing parts at the problem I don`t know how fond you are of your mods but you may
have to back track and undo some things like I indicated the fox is a simple beast and sometimes you can over do it i`m
even thinking your computer module may need reprograming just a suggestion
Or, you have a super experienced shop that is one of the most knowledgeable tuners in the State you live in……. Don’t discount pro help when you are stuck.

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,656 Posts
it is super hard to find a true mustang mechanic these days
I have two shops and not a question or concern that car would get romped on, etc.

I hope he comes back with an update as many of these issues others will run into so gives things to check.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
It seems to want to start better plugs not loaded with fuel. It will start for one second and die. I noticed my #4 plug was super clean. I checked the coil and it is definitely giving spark. Gonna keep playing with it and see if I can get her to get a steady idle.

·
Registered
1989 GT
1,656 Posts
It seems to want to start better plugs not loaded with fuel. It will start for one second and die. I noticed my #4 plug was super clean. I checked the coil and it is definitely giving spark. Gonna keep playing with it and see if I can get her to get a steady idle.
Have you played with the throttle set screw to open it up a 1/2 or full turn?

You try and swap injector to see if happens in different cylinder?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I have played with the air screw it just seems to start up for a second and cut right off. Don’t know if my timing is slightly off or vacuum sucking air makes it shut off.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts