Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is first start with ProM system. I have both spark and fuel but is not starting. It’s turning over and I will get a little pop like it wants to start to me it sounds like timing but I checked it twice and it’s right where it needs to be. So I am on here asking what I can check.
always start with the simplest and the cheapest (spark plugs) i recently pulled my plugs just to find they had not been gaped
properly as the box indicated went with acel spark plugs and some other goodies and hello the beast is back so start with
that and if you say you are getting fuel (fuel pump filteretc)then check your ignition coil then your distributor while i am
not into throwing parts at a car unfortunately sometimes with this beast it is neccesary

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am running coil on plug there are 8 coils and they are working properly. Plugs are good. Distributor is good.
sounds like you have some pretty fauncy stuff on your car its my experience that the fox body is a beautiful yet primitive beast and prefers it that way i saw your car it is nice but even so all fire breathing beasts operate on 3 things air,fuel,spark are you sure your fuel pump and regulator are good

·
Registered
14 Posts
sounds like you have some pretty fauncy stuff on your car its my experience that the fox body is a beautiful yet primitive beast and prefers it that way i saw your car it is nice but even so all fire breathing beasts operate on 3 things air,fuel,spark are you sure your fuel pump and regulator are good
also try moving your distributor around my guess if its not catching then the wires or something are in the wrong position to ignite

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t take my cars to shops I can always figure it out. Thanks tho.
I am with you on not taking your car to a shoppe most of the time they do not have a clue in particularly about those cars and will more than likely just end up throwing parts at the problem I don`t know how fond you are of your mods but you may
have to back track and undo some things like I indicated the fox is a simple beast and sometimes you can over do it i`m
even thinking your computer module may need reprograming just a suggestion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts