Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
65 psi at regulator and yes read the directions. Dart 347 with a YSI on E85. I guess I will re stab the distributor again and see if that does anything. I’m here asking for help not to be criticized treated like I’m stupid bc I already know who does that.
directions say 40psi. no criticism intended but its probably something simple.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I'm not extremely familiar with pro-m. I assumed if he checked timing twice it was right even though it sounded like timing. With stock computers not enough fuel will cause a popping but not starting. Guess i should stay out of these pro-m threads lol.
pretty certain that his problem isnt ems related. messing around with the startup fuel table would only cause headaches later on. ive never had to touch that table. or any table for that matter.

if this table was being built from scratch, id say look there.

don't stay out of pro m, all suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
turn the throttle stop screw in a turn or two. make a manual push button starter connect it to the starter post and positive terminal. loosen the dizzy a little and rotate slightly while starting the car. when its idling lock it down and then fine tune it following the instructions.

your timing is off and your throttle blade is closed too much.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I do not have the crank trigger.
then reset the dizzy and make sure the pick up is aligned one more time to verify. crack the throttle blade a turn or two. if it doesn't fire off, pull the injectors and send them to be cleaned, replace the fuel filter element with the correct one and drop the tank and change the sock or fuel pump assembly. e85 doesn't have a great shelf life in a fuel tank.

Will be doing my friends fuel system soon. e85 has been in the car not running for 3 years. not even going to bother trying to clean

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
a brand new ford dizzy doesn't exist. id at least get a reman one that has ford guts in it and a ford signal wheel in it. aftermarket distributors with crap guts aren't know for their quality.
this is covered in the instructions.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts