Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is first start with ProM system. I have both spark and fuel but is not starting. It’s turning over and I will get a little pop like it wants to start to me it sounds like timing but I checked it twice and it’s right where it needs to be. So I am on here asking what I can check.

· Registered
2,782 Posts
Have you tried adding more fuel at startup? Throw 10% more fuel at it during startup and see what happens.

• Haha
Reactions: pkstang

· Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
65 psi at regulator and yes read the directions. Dart 347 with a YSI on E85. I guess I will re stab the distributor again and see if that does anything. I’m here asking for help not to be criticized treated like I’m stupid bc I already know who does that.

Reactions: kjb302ho

· Registered
3,928 Posts
65 psi at regulator and yes read the directions. Dart 347 with a YSI on E85. I guess I will re stab the distributor again and see if that does anything. I’m here asking for help not to be criticized treated like I’m stupid bc I already know who does that.
directions say 40psi. no criticism intended but its probably something simple.

· Registered
2,782 Posts
terrible idea
I'm not extremely familiar with pro-m. I assumed if he checked timing twice it was right even though it sounded like timing. With stock computers not enough fuel will cause a popping but not starting. Guess i should stay out of these pro-m threads lol.

· Registered
583 Posts
  • Are you running 65 psi to compensate for undersized injectors and you applied the appropriate multipliers to the slopes, offsets, and breakpoint? If not, that’s a problem. Furthermore, with a YSi I’m going to assume your intention is to make about 20 psi or more. Do you realize that will require you to raise rail pressure to 85+ at high boost?

• Are you running the flex fuel system or did you just make a calibration for full time E85? If the former, is the flex fuel enabled? If not, you’re going to be 25-30% lean. If the latter, what did you enter for a “gasoline stoich” value?

· Registered
3,928 Posts
I'm not extremely familiar with pro-m. I assumed if he checked timing twice it was right even though it sounded like timing. With stock computers not enough fuel will cause a popping but not starting. Guess i should stay out of these pro-m threads lol.
pretty certain that his problem isnt ems related. messing around with the startup fuel table would only cause headaches later on. ive never had to touch that table. or any table for that matter.

if this table was being built from scratch, id say look there.

don't stay out of pro m, all suggestions are welcome.

· Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I started with 40 psi and turned it up to 65 to see if it made a difference. I also moved the distributor slightly counter clockwise and clockwise to see if it made a difference which moving it counterclockwise it would act as though it wants to start. I am going to check the timing again. Thanks everyone

· Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Running it with cap-complete coil over set up. I am putting the small tooth right where it needs to be as far as I can see.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts