Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any ideas on how i go about this before i take it to a shop? i had fender flares on my car and now i want them off, but they left light surfaces scratches on all four fenders. i tried using just polish and wax, but that didn't help. they aren't deep at all, just on the surface. how i do go about removing/covering them up? any product recommendations? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Zaino will not remove major surface flaws, you would need to use a Swirl mark remover or a more aggressive "cutting" compound. Go to http://www.autopia.org/forums/index.php , and ask this under the forums. This site covers all avenues of surface finishing, and gives honest feedback about what products really work.

·
340 Posts
I've used 3M Rubbing Compound (Fine or Superfine) on my paint and it worked pretty good... It didn't take out my clearcoat.

·
Registered
643 Posts
G27 scratch remover worked for me (with a little sweat), after you rub it in buff the spot with some mild polish like 3M rubbing compound or Meguiar's Paint Cleaner to make the surface shiny again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts