Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by removing my quad shocks I can see better 60' times,and generally better traction is this true? This is my set up: Nitto DR's,STEEDA sport springs,STEEDA upper/lower non. adj. alum. control arms,Tokico 5-way adj. Drag shocks/struts. Is it worth yanking them off?,other than more clearance for slicks. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Im not an expert , but from what I hear , as long as you dont need the clearance you might as well leave them on. Although you could probably yank them since you have aftermarket c/a arms , etc....

·
Registered
259 Posts
nah you have some decent control arms
ditch em
if your car starts to wheel hop bad, put them back on
they come off really easy
all they do is control wheel hop that is induced by the crappy ford bushings.
your control arms probably have WAY tighter and smaller bushings
and the arms themselves arn't going to flex
so you are problably not going to get wheel hop
give it a try
its worth it
-luke-

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
All they do is slow chassis reaction.... i.e. make for a bit smoother ride. You have aftermarket LCA's so they are going to have 0 effect for you anyway.

I don't know if there has been any "back to back" tests with and without them. I would be interested to know just for myself. But I'm sure not gonna put them back on. I dont want to "soften" the hit to my ET streets at all.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i think this varies from car to car. you may not need them, give it a try. i know with my stock rear suspension....when i removed them it was a wheelhoppin sob, so i have new ones on it now...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for your help. I'm going to take them off and see if there's any difference.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
On drag radials at the track, I don't have any wheel hop with the quad shocks off. With my street tires, it is a big problem! I have the BBK upper and lower arms on my 89 GT 5-speed. I think the car hooks better on drag radials without them, it seems to let the car react faster on launch. On street tires it seems to ride smoother and less bounce or movement on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts